Dissecting Aerial 2022
Sat 15 – Sun 16 January 2022
Dissecting Aerial 2022 is going to be available globally for the first time. Delivered live and in-person in Brighton AND live-streamed internationally so you can tune in from where ever you are in the world.
The healthier aerial symposium will showcase practice, pedagogical and personal approaches to healthy and sustainable practice from aerial artists, researchers, body workers, medical and sports science practitioners from across the globe. From the Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts in Brighton, world renowned practitioners and speakers will lead us through 12 different presentations and practical sessions.
Concerned about inter/national travel but still want to take part in Dissecting Aerial 2022? Why not set up a Virtual Studio Hub with your local community. If you run an aerial organisation / training centre / have a collective of artists you work with, you can choose to choose to live-stream the event to your local studio so your team/community can safely gather, connect to us virtually in the UK and participate live in-person in your local area. If you have any questions about this, contact us.
We are all feeling the need to return to practice, rebuild and nurture our aerial community and we are also keenly aware of the difficulties, disparities and risks involved with international travel right now. Hopefully maintaining connections in-person and virtually, locally and globally, we can celebrate what unites us: our mutual passions for aerial practice and to revel in the diversity of those.
Line-Up & Speakers
- Hanging with Awareness – working with the principles of opposition, mobility and connection in the air
- POSER – navigating imposter syndrome and reclaiming your future as an artist
- Recognising Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder and Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Proprioception Exercises for Hypermobile Humans
- Attracting and Fostering Plus-Size Aerial Students
- The Science of the C-Shape
- Harnessing Your Hormones for Older Aerialists
- Starting Points – engaging with aerial fabric for non-typical bodies (and everyone)
- Longevity in Movement Practice
- Make It Whole – approaches to building advocacy for mental health and emotional well being
- Accessibility and Inclusion – reframing the myth of diversity
- Epistolary Aerial Adventures
In-person individual: 2 days: £150 / 1 day: £95
Online individual: 2 days: £110 / 1 day: £75
Studio hubs: 2 days: £450 / 1 day: £275, for groups of up to 10 in one location.
If submitting the form doesn’t redirect you, click here to proceed.
In person: Attenborough Centre for Creative Arts (or ACCA) is set within the University of Sussex grounds, statistically the sunniest campus (allegedly), on the edge of the South Downs National Park with the bright lights of Brighton just 10 mins away by train. Info on getting there by train, bus and car.
Online: via an online event platform TBC.
This event happens outside of term time at the University so there will be very few if any shops and cafes open on campus. Please bring lunch and snacks with you for the day. Tea and coffee will be provided.